When exposed to high temperatures through fire or cell venting, Q55 EV rapidly forms a tough char that resists erosion by high velocity or turbulent gasses, while continuing to provide insulation to protect the substrate.
- Lightweight coating enables designers to consider enclosure material choices which may have otherwise been discounted because of their fire properties
- No surface preparation before application
- Thickness of coating enables users to determine the level of protection
- Reduces back face temperature and rate of heat absorption of the substrate. This protects the pack from risk of internal propagation due to heating of cells
- Formulated for both high and low volume production
- Low smoke and toxicity during a fire.