With a specific focus on administrative and finance support, the PMO will ensure that development projects are managed according to the New Product Development (NPD) process, and expenditure at both project and departmental level is monitored and controlled.
- Providing support to NPD projects to ensure they are delivered on time, to an agreed scope. Work with the Group R&D Manager to remove roadblocks to delivery
- Ensuring that all NPD projects are run in accordance with the NPD process and are managed using a well-defined project plan encompassing all relevant cross-functional activities.
- Supporting the Group R&D Manager by administering a monthly review of key NPD projects and undertaking a financial review of each project’s expenditure and assessing the total development spend against its annual budget
- Providing best practice project management guidance to the R&D team and assist the Group R&D manager in maintaining and promoting the Stage Gate NPD process within AIS.
- Supporting stakeholder engagement and communicate the progress of NPD projects within AIS
- Identifying and delivering continuous improvement projects that relate to the delivery of NPD projects
- Developing and implementing tools and templates that support delivery of NPD projects.
- Undertaking internal audits on the development of new products to ensure that projects are initiated, executed, and closed out robustly and in accordance with the NPD process.
- Administering patent applications to ensure intellectual property is protected
Ideal candidates will be:
- Educated to degree level in a technical discipline or show equivalent industrial experience.
- Familiar with project planning and project management methodologies and best practice.
- Competent in MS Excel, particularly in manipulating and extracting data so that it can be easily digested and presented.
- Experienced in project reporting and communicating status.
- Able to demonstrate an appreciation of budgets and financial reporting.
- It would be advantageous if the candidate has experience working in a product development environment
- Able to work effectively as part of a small team and autonomously when required
- Confident, assertive, and proactive in approach to work, with a ‘can do’ flexible attitude
- An excellent communicator in both verbal and written form
Pay and benefits:
- Salary depending on experience
- Performance related bonus scheme of up to 15% of annual salary
- 6% matched pension contributions
- 25 days holiday per year plus bank holidays
- Life insurance 4x annual salary
- Access to well-being programme
- Cycle to work scheme
Our standard working hours are Monday-Thursday 8.00am-4.45pm and Friday 8.00am-12.30pm
For further information, or to apply please email us at [email protected]