We are looking for a driven and creative professional with excellent writing, editing and proofreading skills to join our team in Gloucester. This is a hands-on role which will be key in supporting the wider business through content creation and campaign management.
Main responsibilities will include:
- Developing, managing and delivering marketing campaigns across social, web, email and print media to increase awareness within target audiences; monitoring campaign impact and updating internal customers through regular reporting
- Identifying new opportunities to communicate with key audiences and generating interest from new stakeholders
- Proactively working with different business areas to gain in-depth understanding of the company’s products, their unique selling points and applications
- Creating, sourcing or commissioning high quality, yet engaging and easy to understand, content for campaign delivery, e.g. text copy, illustrations, photographs, video etc.
- Publishing produced materials in print and online, including on the company website and / or social media channels
- Proofreading and editing own work and the work of others
- Creating and maintaining a library of approved literature or online content
- Engaging in other marketing activities, e.g. arranging events
- Competently using various software packages including MS Office, Canva, Adobe Suite, Hootsuite, WordPress, MailChimp and SharePoint.
The successful candidate will have:
- Experience in planning, developing content for, and delivering marketing campaigns using a wide range of online and print media
- Excellent writing, editing and proofreading skills in English, including the ability to translate technical language into jargon free and easy to understand material which is audience appropriate
- Ability to learn quickly about the company’s technology, identify key messages and communicate them effectively
- Keen eye for detail
- Experience of using website CMS, e.g. WordPress. Multi-media skills, such as web design and video production / editing would be advantageous. Experience with SEO would also be beneficial
- Previous experience as a copy writer or in a similar role would be advantageous.
The ideal person will be:
- Motivated self-starter with a passion for written content and design
- Highly organised and efficient, able to work to consistently high standards and strict deadlines
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, diverse environment
- A strong negotiator and influencer, confident interacting with people at all levels, both internally and externally
- Previous experience of working within manufacturing, engineering or technical environment would be beneficial.
There will be opportunities to develop for those wishing to broaden their experience whether within marketing or other areas of the business.