AIS Covertherm design, manufacture and install ContraFlex® insulation jackets to protect equipment and personnel across a range of industries.
You will be supporting a growing business on a variety of new projects, using specialist sewing equipment in the busy production line.
Main responsibilities include:
- Following precise manufacturing instructions for production of our insulation jackets
- Review samples, drawings, or instructions to understand output specifications
- Taking measurements and marking materials for cutting and/or shaping
- Determining and programming the size of batches and speed of the machine
- Monitoring the machine whilst working to adjust the feed and identity any issues
- Checking output to ensure consistency, and discarding any defects
- Performing routine machine maintenance as required
- General support and labour activities across production set up and processes
- Adhering to necessary stock level controls
- Maintaining tools and equipment, including cleaning and safe storage
- Maintaining high levels of housekeeping; taking pride in your working areas
- Working in line with requirements of quality, health and safety, and environmental management systems
Ideal applicants are:
- Experienced machinists: our team use an industrial, pedal operated Dürkopp Adler machine
- Knowledgeable of working with all types of fabric, including those that contain small amounts of fibreglass (full personal protective equipment is provided)
- Capable of following precise written instructions
- Unfazed when working under pressure to strict deadlines
- Highly attentive to detail
- Able to create/keep effective written records
The following skills and experiences are not essential, but will be extremely beneficial to your application:
- Experience of working in an industrial setting
- Experience in lock stitch sewing
Please note that this role can be physically demanding as it requires manual handling of products that can be bulky and heavy, as well as intricate.
Salary & Benefits:
- £10.73 per hour / £22,318.40 per annum starting salary
- £11.81 per hour / £24,564.80 per annum on successful completion of probation
- Life insurance 4x basic salary
- Pension auto-enrolment
- 28 days annual leave
- Access to well-being programmes
- Access to lifestyle benefits programme
- Cycle to work scheme
The role is contracted to 40 hours per week, working 07:45-16:45 Monday-Thursday, and 07:30-13:30 Fridays.
Flexibility for shift work and/or overtime will be required in line with business needs, which may be on days or times outside your contracted working hours.
To apply send your CV to [email protected]