Our production team in Gloucester specialise in the manufacture and supply of unique insulation and fire protection systems worldwide; to meet demand for our products, the team has recently moved to 24/7 working, and are looking for experienced Shift Supervisors on both day and night shifts to join them.
Main responsibilities will include:
- Line management, including sickness, attendance and timekeeping
- Plan and action day-to-day production as required in line with precise manufacturing instructions
- Plan materials processing: procuring materials to meet demand
- Maintain accurate stock levels; rotating and carrying out stock takes and resolving variances
- Carrying out regular quality checks on produced goods and reporting on findings
- Completing safety audits and attending regular QHSE meetings
- General support and labour activities across production set up and processes
- Maintaining tools and equipment, including cleaning and safe storage
- Maintaining high levels of housekeeping; taking pride in your working areas
- Working in line with requirements of quality, health and safety, and environmental management systems.
Ideal candidates will be:
- Experienced of supervising within a production environment
- Effective leaders with strong interpersonal skills
- Unfazed when working under pressure to strict deadlines
- Confident in using various IT systems
- Clear communicators.
The following are not essential, but will be beneficial to your application:
- FLT Licence
- First Aid trained
- Fire Marshal trained.
Our production shift pattern is based on a ‘Pitman Shift’, working a pattern of 2-2,3-2,2-3 - this will be explained fully at interview.
- Day Shift: 06:30-18:30
- Night Shift: 18:30-06:30
Pay & Benefits
- £30,000 per annum
- +10% shift uplift on Day Shift
- +30% shift uplift on Night Shift
- 15% bonus scheme
- 6% pension contributions (matched)
- Life insurance
- Access to well-being programmes
- Free parking onsite
- Free tea/coffee provided.