New for 2022, AIS is looking to employ six new engineering (chemical, mechanical, civil, industrial etc.) or material science graduates to join our new graduate programme.
Details of placement
Two consecutive one year placements in different parts of the business leading to a permanent position in year three.
At the main AIS site in Gloucester, with potential placements at other sites, e.g. in Plymouth or Nottingham.
Learning and development
- Internal, job-specific and external training
- Opportunity to obtain external qualifications, e.g. APM project management qualifications, NEBOSH qualification, or support to become chartered via IMechE or IChemE during the programme.
- Competitive graduate starting salary
- Annual bonus scheme of up to 15% of annual salary
- Enhanced pension contributions up to 6% of salary
- Life insurance 4x annual salary
- Access to well-being programmes
- Access to lifestyle benefits
- Cycle to work scheme.
- 37.5 hours per week:
- 08:00-16:45 Monday -Thursday with 30 minute break
- 08:00-12:30 on Fridays.
- Flexibility around working hours will be required in line with the needs of the business.
Start of programme
1 October 2022.
What you can expect from the programme
You will be supporting one or more of our product lines during each placement in the programme – ﬁre protection & insulation, marine, renewables or subsea.
This means you could be working as an R&D Engineer involved in new product development and technical support, a Project Engineer ensuring efﬁcient running of projects from the initial sales handover throughout the project lifecycle to ﬁnal delivery, or a Production Engineer taking manufacturing processes from concept and trial to full scale manufacture.
Other potential opportunities could be in our quality, health, safety & environment (QHSE), procurement, sales, marketing or continuous improvement departments.
You could be working on solutions to help ensure the long-term efﬁciency, reliability, cost-effectiveness, and safety of offshore wind operations, on buoyancy, ﬂotation and protection systems for ports and harbours or on innovative insulation and protection solutions for the chemical or energy industries.
You will get all the training you need to be successful in each placement as well as support from our leaders and technical specialists.
• Degree in Engineering (chemical, mechanical, civil, industrial etc.) or Material Science
• Problem solving skills
• Innovative and agile approach to work
How to apply
Applications close by 31 July 2022 and assessment will be held during August / September 2022, with confirmation of appointment by the end of September 2022.
Why choose AIS
AIS is a global leader in the engineering, manufacture and application of insulation and passive ﬁre protection systems, as well as buoyancy and SURF (subsea, umbilicals, risers and ﬂowlines) products. Our advanced materials deliver mission-critical solutions for the energy, industrial, automotive, chemical and marine sectors.
Our people are at the heart of everything we do – without them we wouldn’t be able to produce our industry leading products or provide a world-class customer experience.
That’s why we believe in developing our people and investing in their growth. There has never been a better time to join us as our 400+ strong team are constantly working to expand into new regions and diversify into new industries.