The Stores Person is responsible for the smooth and safe management of stock and equipment, accepting deliveries and shipment of materials, and keeping track of what is available in inventory.
Organisational skills and attention to detail are key for efficiency and mitigating delays. Therefore, all inventory items must be easily and safely accessible, and the Stores area kept in impeccable condition. The Stores Person will enforce and maintain the Company’s safety standards, escalating where procedures have not been followed.
This position is vital in the successful operation of the manufacturing side of the business and will suit a Stores Person who is looking for a varied and rewarding role.
Responsibilities for the role are outlined below:
- Receiving deliveries and ensuring the correct paperwork has been submitted and goods received are in good quality
- Managing dispatch of materials and liaising with the projects team, ensuring shipments are ready on time and with the correct paperwork
- Organising stock within the facility (including stock control)
- Ensuring that stock is stored in a manner which allows quick access to items regularly used
- Logging of data into the manufacturing system
- Moving stock either by hand, using lifting equipment, or a forklift truck
- Maintaining a good standard of housekeeping within the factory, ensuring that the working environment is kept clear of waste on an ongoing basis. Report if problems arise that prevent waste from being cleared away
- Reporting and immediately dealing with any spillages, hazardous, and dangerous practises
- Guaranteeing that the production facility is secured correctly at the end of the shift
Required skills and attributes:
- IT literate with the ability to utilise stock management systems including OPERA
- Forklift Operative Licence: FLT Counterbalance
- Experience of working in a production stores environment
- Proactive, collaborative, and meticulous approach to work
- Ability to assess risks and operate machinery in a safe manner
- Flexible and dynamic approach to all tasks
Pay & Benefits:
- Salary up to £24,000 per annum (depending on level of experience)
- Bonus scheme up to 15%
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Enhanced pension contributions (matched)
- Life insurance 4x annual salary
- Access to well-being programmes
- Cycle to work scheme
To apply and or if you need more information, please email us directly at [email protected].