Main responsibilities will include:
- Producing detailed written work instructions for the manufacture and installation of products
- Producing technical drawings, using 2D and 3D CAD software packages, to accompany work instructions and quotations
- Product design and development, including data analysis and engineering research
- Completing structural and mechanical calculations
- Creation of new parts and bills of materials
- CNC tool pathing
- Finite element analysis – linear and non-linear
- Provide technical guidance and support to the factory
- Assist with the efficient running of projects
- Process project documentation in accordance with project requirements
- Assist the operation and manufacturing departments as required
- Accurate and concise reporting
- Maintain strict confidentiality on all matters relating to company business.
- Help the company to reduce CO2 emissions where possible in line with the company objectives.
- Manage and report any NCRs, incidents, accidents, and hazardous or dangerous practices whilst carrying out risk assessments as required
- Carry out daily housekeeping checks, report and immediately deal with any issues.
- Using a variety of lean techniques to support and drive continuous improvement
- Working in line with the requirement of quality, health and safety and environmental management systems
Successful applicants will be:
- Reliable and able to work independently
- Able to produce work to a high standard
- Accurate and concise in their work
- Experience of using CAD software packages
- Keen interest in design software packages and manufacturing processes
- A practical and logical approach to problem-solving
- The capacity to work well under pressure and take on new challenges.
- Organisation and time management skills.
- Project management skills and the ability to work to tight deadlines.
Pay & Benefits
- £22,000 - £23,000 per annum depending on the level of experience, with the potential to increase up to £25,000 within 18 months.
- 15% discretionary bonus scheme
- 25 days holiday per year plus bank holidays
- Auto-enrolment into our Group Personal Pension Scheme
- Life insurance 4x annual salary
- Access to online well-being programmes
- Access to lifestyle benefits website
- Cycle-to-work scheme
- Free parking on-site
- Free tea/coffee provided
This is a full-time, permanent position working 37.5 hours per week; 8.00 am – 4.45 pm Monday - Thursday and 8.00 am – 12.30 pm on Fridays.
Click here to apply online today.