Due to the expansion of our production department in Gloucester, we are looking for Production Engineers to lead as the first point of contact in providing engineering expertise and support for the teams across our three Gloucester sites; taking manufacturing processes from concept and trial to full scale manufacture.
Main responsibilities will include:
- Writing work instructions, quality standards and manufacturing procedures
- Specifying plant and equipment requirements for jobs
- Ensuring all plant, equipment and processes meet health, safety, and environmental legislative requirements, including conducting risk assessments
- Identifying and investigating process improvement opportunities; keeping up to date with new plant and equipment developments
- Relationship management of plant and equipment suppliers
- Issuing relevant permits to work to subcontractors for onsite activities
- Providing support to other areas as and when required
- Working in line with requirements of quality, health and safety, and environmental management systems.
Ideal candidates will be:
- Experienced working within a busy production environment
- Good communicators (written and verbal), across all levels of the business
- Effective at prioritising their workload through excellent organisational skills
- Able to work under pressure to strict deadlines
- Confident and capable at working on their own initiative.
The following skills/licences are not essential for your application, but will be beneficial:
- First Aid trained
- Fire Marshal trained
- FLT Licenced.
The role is available immediately and is contracted to 39 hours per week. Flexibility for shift work is vital in line with current business needs.
For further information, or to apply, please visit Indeed or email your CV to [email protected]