We are looking for experienced Chargehands to join our team in assisting and overseeing the application of our passive fire protection systems and subsea insulation products in a variety of locations; this will potentially include multiple mobilisations and extended durations at sites both in the UK and overseas.
Experience in a similar role is required, and full training of our products will be provided.
Responsibilities will include:
- Being fully conversant with the application methods for Company products
- Hands-on application of materials as and when required
- Managing stock control through monitoring use of materials, tools, and PPE
- Timely completion of all necessary site documentation in legible, accurate and concise format
- Ensuring all site activities fully meet Company requirements for QHSE at all times
- Cost control to meet project requirements effectively and efficiently
- Reviewing works progress in accordance with the Project Programme, providing updates to the Projects team including reporting any issues or suggesting areas for improvement
- Maintaining strict confidentiality on all matters relating to Company business
Ideal candidates will be:
- Willing to work away from home for extended periods of time, including overseas work
- Confident with independent working and supervising others
- Capable of working to tight deadlines
- Excellent communicators and team-players
- Comfortable with face-to-face client interactions on site - building effective relationships
- Proficient IT users, particularly with Word, Excel, and PDF documents
- On site offshore – 12 hours per day
- On site onshore – 10 hours per day
- Normal place of work – 39 hours per week
Pay & Benefits:
- OTE can be up to £40,000 per annum for this role
- £12.12 per hour / £24,579.36 per annum basic pay
- Site uplifts and COLA payments where applicable
- 28 days holiday per year
- Up to 6% pension contributions (matched)
- Life insurance 4x annual salary
- Access to well-being programmes
- Access to lifestyle benefits website
Whilst our head office is based in Gloucester, we will accept applications from across the UK.
Please note that as travel overseas can be required at short notice, it is beneficial if you live within reasonable travelling distance of a major airport.
Due to the travel requirements for the role, you must hold a valid current passport and you must be double-jabbed against COVID-19.
If this sounds like your ideal next opportunity, please click here to apply online today.