Our next Accounts Payable Manager will oversee a small Accounts Payable team and will coordinate day-to-day activities.
Reporting to the Financial Controller, this is a great opportunity to enhance and develop your career within a well-established department.
Responsibilities of an Accounts Payable Manager:
- Ensuring timely and accurate processing of invoices
- Provide accurate payments to suppliers, in various currencies, to multiple bank accounts
- Oversee the running of the regular payments by collating payments for all group companies and suppler statement reconciliation
- Reporting KPIs, GRNI ageing, debit balances and cash flow forecasting
- Managing and administration of all expenses
- Providing regular training and support to the team and heads of departments in expense procedures
- Overseeing and implementing new systems for invoice processing across the group
- Maintain control of the Accounts Payable Ledger, in line with policy, business unit requirements, internal control, external audit and legal requirement
- Supporting the overseas areas of the business with supplier requirements
- Provide leadership and support to all staff within the department and encourage the implementation of best practice
- Investigate, resolve and respond to internal and external customer queries promptly, using best practice
- Assist with VAT preparation and the related quarterly reconciliation
- Review new supplier requests and support general month-end duties
- Complete month end tasks accurately and on time
Ideal Candidates will be:
- Highly organised; prioritising their workload efficiently to ensure strict deadlines are met
- Able to provide leadership and support to all staff within the department and encourage the implementation of best practices.
- Experienced in accounts payables, ideally in a management or supervisory role
- Able to work well under pressure whilst maintaining a high level of accuracy
- Confident IT users, particularly with Excel
- Strong numerical and analytical thinkers
- Able to establish and maintain internal relationships at all levels
The following skills and qualifications are not essential but will be advantageous:
- Experience with using M1 or Opera
- Experience in using Compleat
- Experience with foreign currencies
- AAT Qualification.
Pay & Benefits :
- Salary depending on experience
- Bonus scheme up to 15%
- Enhanced pension contributions
- 25 days holiday per year plus bank holidays
- Life insurance 4x annual salary
- Access to well-being programme
- Cycle to work scheme
Our standard working hours are Monday-Thursday 8.00 am-4.45 pm and Friday 8.00 am-12.30 pm.