As our Accounts Payable Assistant, your responsibilities will include:
- Processing of purchase ledger invoices
- Processing employee expenses
- Matching invoices to orders
- Statement reconciliations
- Processing Company credit cards
- Job costing
- Processing supplier payments
- Handling queries and communications from suppliers
- Assisting with month-end procedures.
Ideal candidates will be:
- Highly organised; prioritising their workload efficiently to ensure strict deadlines are met
- Able to work well under pressure whilst maintaining a high level of accuracy
- Confident IT users, particularly with Excel
- Strong numerical and analytical thinkers
- Comfortable working without constant supervision.
This role requires interaction with all levels of employees across the business, as well as external suppliers, so clear and effective communication skills are essential.
The following skills and qualifications are not essential but will be advantageous:
- Experience of using M1 or Opera
- Experience of using Compleat
- Experience of foreign currencies
- AAT Qualification.
Pay and Benefits:
- Salary up to of £23,000 per annum (depending on experience)
- Enhanced pension contributions
- 25 days holiday per year plus bank holidays
- Life insurance 4x annual salary
- Access to well-being programme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Our standard working hours are Monday-Thursday 8.00am-4.45pm and Friday 8.00am-12.30pm (there may be some flexibility for the right candidate)