We are looking for an experienced Accounts Assistant to join our team in Nottingham, as the central contact between the onsite operations team, and the central finance team in Gloucester.
Main responsibilities will include:
- Processing purchase invoices and credit notes
- Preparing fortnightly payment runs
- Monthly processing for credit cards and expenses
- Monthly processing of petty cash and reconciliation
- Cash book processing and monthly reconciliation
- Preparation of sales invoices based on completed job cards
- Payroll preparation and processing for site (apx. 30 employees)
- General assistance to the finance team as and when required.
Ideal applicants will be:
- Experienced working in a finance department
- Confident IT users, particularly with MS Excel
- Unfazed when working under pressure to strict deadlines
- Extremely organised: able to effectively manage their workload
- Clear communicators: liaising with all levels of the business and external clients/suppliers
- Comfortable working alone with mostly remote supervision
- Driven, enthusiastic and self-motivated to succeed
- Happy to travel to other UK sites when required.
The following skills and experiences are not essential, but will be beneficial to your application:
- AAT qualification
- Experience of using Opera
This is a permanent, full-time role contracted to 40 hours per week, working 07:45-16:45 Monday-Thursday, and 07:30-13:30 Fridays.